Research undertaken by the British Chiropractic Association (BCA) showed that a large proportion of people who get back pain said it could be brought on by a night’s sleep.
Our London Chiropractor at MotionBack suggests some simple ways to avoid back problems when you sleep:
- If you have been sitting for a long time before going to bed, do a few stretches.
- Lie on your side as this is much better for you than lying on your front for example with your head twisted to one side.
- Try and vary your sleeping position during the night to avoid the stress on your joints when you stay in one position to long.
- Put a pillow between your knees.
- Drink plenty of water as dehydration can cause muscle aches and cramps.
- On waking up sit up gradually and use your arms to push yourself up.
Once your up take things easily and avoid bending or doing anything strenuous straight away.
Here’s to a good nights sleep and a pain free back.
Take your first step to better health and get in touch today.
The Team at MotionBack Chiropractic
The Leading Central London Chiropractors
Serving Holborn, High Holborn, Chancery Lane, Covent Garden and Kings Cross