Increasingly research and studies are showing that our sedentary lives are impacting our health. Get Britain Standing was set up to highlight the issue and to encourage all of us to get on our feet more. Every year Get Britain Standing run a campaign/challenge to get us moving.
The ‘Wiggle It, Waggle It Just Don’t Sit On It’ challenge is on 27th April. Get Britain Standing in association with Active Working are asking us to unite against prolonged office sitting by taking on the challenge to get on our feet.
Here are just some of the ideas they have suggested:
- Stand up to make phone calls.
- Have standing or walking meetings.
- Organise a walk at lunchtime.
- Walk to work, or get off a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way.
- Run a lunchtime fitness workshop for the office.
You can read more ideas on the On Your FeetDay website.
Take your first step to better health and get in touch today.
The Team at MotionBack Chiropractic
The Leading Central London Chiropractors
Serving Holborn, High Holborn, Chancery Lane, Covent Garden and Kings Cross