Do you have difficulty falling asleep at night? You are not alone. Many people today are finding it harder and harder to fall asleep. Due to our busy and hectic lifestyles, with work and family commitments it makes it harder for us to relax and get those important eight hours.
Studies have found that a good and regular bedtime ritual will help you to wind down and prepare for bed. Most adults need between 7 and 9 hours sleep to be able to function well the next day. By working out what time you need to get up in the morning, you can then set a regular bedtime schedule.
Here at our Central London Chiropractor Clinic we would like to share this advice on how to relax before bedtime.
- Try not to watch TV, look at you computer, tablets or phones at least and hour before you’re due to go to bed. The light that emulates from them makes the brain active and restless
- A warm bath can help you relax and unwind after a busy day
- Try gentle exercises such as yoga to help stretch and relax muscles
- Write any ‘To do’ lists to organise your thoughts and clear your mind of any distractions
- Reading a book or listening to the radio can also help to relax you
Try these tips tonight and you too could be waking up tomorrow feeling bright and fresh for the day ahead.
If you are suffering from back pain and you feel you need some help, please do not hesitate to pay us a visit or get in touch with London Chiropractor Motionback, on 0207 112 5408 or email email@example.com