If you suffer from back ache, you’re probably aware that cold or ice packs are an effective way to help reduce inflammation and numb a painful spot. You’ve probably seen many people using frozen peas as a homemade remedy for muscle pain (you may even be partial to “pea therapy” yourself!), but ice packs mould much better to your body. The good news is that you can make your own healing ice packs using some of the materials you already have at home. Our leading London chiropractor explains how:
• Plastic freezer bags
• 2 cups of water
• 1 cup of rubbing alcohol
What to do:
1. Fill the plastic freezer bag with 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 cups of water.
2. Try to remove as much air as possible from the freezer bag before sealing it.
3. Put the bag and its contents inside another freezer bag (to capture possible leakage).
4. Leave the bag in the freezer for at about 60 minutes.
5. When you’re ready to use it, place a towel between the ice pack and your skin to avoid burning.
It’s easy and it will save you money (and peas!)!