The team at our London Chiropractor would like to wish everyone a very happy and healthy Christmas.
We are all looking forward to relaxing in front of the fire with a good film and eating lots of turkey and mince pies! At Christmas, we know lots of people will be wanting to do the same; watching lots of television. And being a leading London Chiropractor, we would like to share this advice on how to keep your back safe whilst watching lots of Christmas TV:
- Try not to sit for more than 30-40 minutes at a time. Take a break to stand up and stretch or maybe take a quick walk around the house
- If you are sitting in a chair, make sure that your feet are flat on the ground, with your knees bent, with a slope from your hips to your knees
- Whilst watching TV, the tendency is to ‘slouch’. Try to let the seat take your whole weight and if possible try to keep as much of your body in contact with the seat
- If you have lots of TV time scheduled over Christmas, try to schedule in some exercise time too. A walk through the park or just around the block with keep your body moving
- Keep hydrated. Try to drink lots of water especially if you will be drinking lots of mulled wine
Whatever you are all doing this Christmas we hope you have fun!
If you are suffering from back pain and you feel you need some help, please do not hesitate to pay us a visit or get in touch with London Chiropractor Motionback, on 0207 112 5408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org